CORONAVIRUS AND TRAVEL
Posted on 13th March 2020 at 12:19
The Coronavirus pandemic has taken centre-stage in the media and - naturally – people are fearful of travelling anywhere. The UK government has advised older passengers not to cruise and the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) have advised against travel to certain countries – including China and Italy.
For those customers whose travel plans have been affected by cancellation of cruises, closure of countries or increasing numbers of confirmed cases, many of the tour operators we work with are being very flexible in allowing customers to move their travel dates to later in the year (or to 2021 or 2022). Even if you continue with your holiday plans and the FCO advice changes just before your departure and denies you travelling to your destination, the tour operators and airlines would be legally obliged to refund you the holiday cost or allow you to change destination and/or departure date without levying any amendment charges.
But we are a nation who love to holiday abroad and get that blast of warm sunshine that our temperate climate can’t always supply (despite Global Warming), so where can you travel to? There are a number of holiday destinations that haven’t been touched by – or have a very small number (certainly, smaller than in Devon alone) of confirmed cases of – Coronavirus which are still open to tourists. These include:
• Cape Verde Islands
• The Azores
• Many of the Caribbean Islands – including Barbados, Antigua & Barbuda, St Lucia, Grenada, Cayman Islands, British Virgin Islands
• Many of the Greek islands such as Crete, Kos, Rhodes and Corfu
For instance, we have found the following deals:
• 7-night 3* self-catering in Lanzarote from £365pp flying from Bristol on 21 April
• 7-night 4*plus all-inclusive in Cape Verde from £659pp flying from Gatwick on 1 May
• 7-night tour of The Azores from £1669pp flying from Heathrow on 3 October (4* B&B plus 3 lunches)
• 7-night 3* room-only in Antigua from £861pp flying from Gatwick on 30 May
If you want more information on any of these offers or want to talk to us about your travel plans just call 01271 816023 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This content will only be shown when viewing the full post. Click on this text to edit it.
Share this post: